Terms & Conditions
Tasman Liquor Company Limited trading as “Bottle-O” Website Terms & Conditions
Variation: Bottle-O may alter these Terms from time to time by posting the altered version on this website. You should visit these Terms on the website regularly to keep up to date with any alterations. By continuing to use this website, you accept the Terms current at the time you access and use it.
Age restriction: You must be 18 years or over to access, browse and use this website. It is against the law to sell liquor to customers that are under the age of 18 years and it is Bottle-O’s in-store policy to ask customers that appear to be 25 years or younger to show identification to prove their age.
Trading relationship: If you have a trading relationship with Bottle-O, that trading relationship is governed by a separate agreement between you and Bottle-O. However, these Terms also apply to your use of this website.
Intellectual property: Material and content displayed on or comprised by this website including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, the website layout and software is subject to copyright owned by Bottle-O or its suppliers. That material and content is protected by the Copyright Act 1994 and other international copyright laws. Brands, names, images and logos displayed on the website may be the subject of registered trade marks of Bottle-O or its suppliers and protected by the Trade Marks Act 2002 and other international trade mark laws. You may access, display, download and print portions of the website only for personal non-commercial use or for good faith commercial dealings with Bottle-O, and subject only to these Terms. This permission is subject to you not modifying or republishing the content displayed on this website, keeping intact all copyright, trade mark, and other proprietary notices, and any additional restrictions or express exceptions displayed on the website. Any other use of material on this website including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication or display of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
Information on the website: Information on this website may or may not change from time to time. It is not promised or guaranteed to be correct, current or complete. This website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Bottle-O assumes no responsibility (and expressly disclaims responsibility) for updating this website to keep information current or to ensure the accuracy or completeness of any posted information. Accordingly, you should confirm the accuracy and completeness of all posted information before making any decision based on information on this website. Any prices or offers displayed on this website may vary between Bottle-O stores.
Advice: This website may contain advice and other tips and information including in relation to nutrition. That advice and information is of a general nature only. It should not be relied on as applying to your specific situation. You should obtain specialist advice in appropriate situations.
Third-party material: This website may provide links or references to third party websites (Linked Sites) or display material sourced from a third party (including a product supplier or consumer) (Third Party Material). Bottle-O is not responsible for and does not endorse: (a) the content of Linked Sites or Third Party Material; (b) any use or misuse of information you may supply to or obtain from a Linked Site or any Third Party Material; or (c) any goods or services offered via Linked Sites. Bottle-O does not warrant or represent the accuracy, utility or any other characteristic of Third Party Material or information or content appearing on Linked Sites. Bottle-O is not a party to or responsible for any transactions you may enter into with third parties, even if you learn of such parties (or use a link to such parties) from this website.
Viruses: You are responsible to protect your computer from malicious or destructive content and programs such as viruses, worms and trojans, and to protect your information as you deem appropriate.
Use of this website: You agree to comply with all domestic and international laws applicable to your use of this website. Without limitation, you agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website, including by uploading or transmitting through the website any viruses, worms, trojans or other potentially destructive programs designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of this website or any computer. You must not post on this website any material that is abusive, defamatory, obscene, contrary to law or to the rights of any party. Bottle-O may block or delete from this website any material you post that Bottle-O decides contravenes those requirements. You must not impersonate or misappropriate the identity of another person. Use of this website in contravention of these Terms may result in you being banned from the website and being liable to Bottle-O for any loss or damage Bottle-O has incurred as a result of your breach of these Terms and/or infringing any applicable law. Bottle-O reserves the right to alter, suspend or remove this website temporarily or permanently at any time, or to deny access to this website for any reason and without notice.
Disclaimer of warranty: You use this website at your sole risk. To the extent legally permitted, all materials, information, products, programs and services are provided "as is", with no warranties, conditions, representations or guarantees (Warranties) whatsoever. To the extent legally permitted, Bottle-O expressly disclaims all implied, statutory and other Warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary and intellectual property rights. Without limitation, Bottle-O does not represent or warrant that the functions within this website will be uninterrupted, error-free or secure, that any defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes this website available is free of viruses or other harmful elements. You agree that in using this website you have not relied on any Warranty made by Bottle-O not expressly contained in these Terms. You understand and agree that if you download or otherwise obtain materials, information, products, software, programs or services, you do so at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages that may result, including loss of data or damage to your computer system.
If applicable law prohibits the exclusion of any of the Warranties referred to above, to the extent legally permitted, Bottle-O limits its liability for breach of any such Warranties to resupply of the affected products or services or payment of the cost of resupply of the affected products or services, at Bottle-O's discretion.
Limitation of liability: To the extent legally permitted, Bottle-O is not liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages of any type related to or arising from: (a) this website; (b) any use of this website or of any site or resource linked to, referenced or accessed through this website; or (c) the use or downloading, or access to, any materials, information, products or services, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, lost savings or loss of programs or other data. These exclusions apply even if Bottle-O is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages and extend to all causes of action, whether based on contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theories. To the extent that the above exclusion of liability is unenforceable, invalid or ineffective for any reason, it will be severed from these Terms and Bottle-O's maximum aggregate liability to you for all losses, damages and other amounts referred to in the above exclusions of liability under any cause of action referred to in the above exclusion of liability is limited to [NZ$50.00].
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993: Where you purchase goods or services from Bottle-O stores for personal consumption or use, the rights and remedies granted to you (as a consumer) under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 apply and cannot be excluded or limited by Bottle-O in any way. If, however, (subject to Bottle-O’s prior written consent) you purchase goods or services from Bottle-O for business purposes, Bottle-O may exclude or limit the rights and remedies granted to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Indemnity: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bottle-O from and against all losses, expenses, claims, proceedings and damages of every kind due to or arising out of any violation of these Terms, the rights of another party or any applicable law or arising out of any activity related to your account, by you or any other person accessing this website using your Internet account. The indemnity in this clause extends to and applies for the benefit of Bottle-O's officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, licensors, suppliers, associates, related companies and parent companies.
Password security: If you are allocated a password to access any part of this website, it is your responsibility to prevent the password being disclosed to any third party.
Applicable law: These Terms are governed by the law of New Zealand. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
TUI AND KFC THE BOTTLE-O EXCLUSIVE PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions relate to the Tui and KFC Scratch and Win Promotion (“Scratch and Win Promotion”) and the Tui and KFC Win a Year’s Supply of KFC (“Year’s Supply of KFC Promotion”). Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of, and entry into each Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of, these terms and conditions.
- The promoter The Bottle-O & Merchants Liquor New Zealand (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion commences on Monday 26th July 2021 at 12.01am and closes Sunday 29th August at 11.59pm (“Promotional Period”). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related companies and any other companies associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants must be aged over 18 years to enter.
Prizes – Scratch and Win Promotion
- The prizes in the Scratch and Win Promotion are a voucher for one of the following KFC products: Snack Burger, Snack Box, Zinger Burger, Quarter Pack or a Value Meal. In total there are 1440 snack burgers, 1000 snack boxes, 150 Zinger Burgers; and 120 2 pc Quarter pack & 50 Value Meals (Bucket Meals)
- One in three scratch cards will reveal a winning message stating “Congrats! You’ve won (either) a free Snack Burger, Snack Box, Zinger Burger, Value Meal or Quarter pack”. When a scratch card reveals a winning message, this needs to be presented at a participating KFC outlet to be redeemed for the corresponding product.
7. The prize in the Year’s Supply of KFC Promotion is 52 x $20 vouchers.
How to enter
- To enter the Scratch and Win Promotion, spend $20.00 or more on any Tui product from a participating The Bottle-O & Merchants Liquor New Zealand during the Promotional Period to receive a scratch card at the counter.
- To enter the Year’s Supply of KFC Promotion, purchase any Tui Product from a participating The Bottle-O & Merchants Liquor New Zealand during the Promotional Period, fill out an entry form and place it into the entry box at the counter to go in the draw to win the Year’s Supply of KFC prize.
- All entries in the Year’s Supply of KFC prize are deemed to be received at the time of deposit into the entry box in the participating Bottle-O store & Merchants Liquor New Zealand.
- By entering this competition, you are opting to receive future correspondence from The Bottle-O NZ & Merchants Liquor New Zealand.
Draw and Winner Notification
- The Scratch and Win Promotion vouchers must be redeemed at a participating KFC outlets before 31st March 2022. Vouchers are only redeemable instore. Not redeemable at KFC Auckland Airport, International Terminal or through KFC Delivery or Click & Collect. Only valid in New Zealand.
- Not valid with any other offer. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. No change will be given.
- Odds of winning are based on total prizes divided by total scratch cards distributed nationally.
- The Year’s Supply of KFC prize will be drawn after the promotion closing date on Monday, 30th August at the head office of The Bottle-O & Merchants Liquor New Zealand, 22 Ha Crescent, Wiri, Auckland 2241.
- The Promoter's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes in the Scratch and Win promotion are only able to be redeemed by taking the voucher that is given to the winner in exchange for the winning scratch card into any participating KFC before 31st March 2022
- The prize in the Year’s Supply of KFC prize will be 52 $20 KFC vouchers. The vouchers can only be redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions stated on the vouchers and must be redeemed before 30th August 2022.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Prizes cannot be varied and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. In the event that a winner does not take an element of the prize prior to the expiry date on the voucher, or at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- If the winner is not able to be contacted within a reasonable time period following the draw, that winner shall forfeit the prize and the Promoter may choose to draw another winner, and so on until a winner is contacted to accept the prize.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner including meals, taxes, transport, insurance and any other ancillary costs of any nature.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the winner or is not suitable to the Promoter, then that winner shall forfeit their rights to any prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry (including the winning entry) which, in the Promoter’s opinion includes objectionable content, profanity or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entry or individual (including any prize winner) who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry not in accordance with the terms and conditions, breaches these terms and conditions, or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is unlawful, improper, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any web site, telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries or any entries that for whatever reason, are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
- The winner of any prize agrees to co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including being interviewed, photographed or filmed. The winner permits having their name, image and/or voice appear in connection with the Promotion, the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related companies shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury whatsoever by or to any person in connection with the Promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize.
- All entries become the property of The Bottle-O & Merchants Liquor New Zealand.